Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Pro Jects

So, I've been in my own winter wonderland the last little bit. Man, I love Christmas. I'm never happier than I am when I have exciting projects in the works. And Christmas is an excuse to drown myself in projects. Especially Christmas on a budget...but, I'm pretty sure that even if I had kazillion dollars, I'd still be frequenting the local JoAnn's. Let's be honest.

Ok, So I fell in love with the Vintage Kantha Stocking from Anthropologie.
I just used scraps of fabric that I had, (I also dipped into Eirene's collection) and then bought the back fabric from dollar fabrics at Wal-mart. The lining is an old sheet. Hope I don't need that anytime soon....
So, here it is. Feast your eyes out. Dreamy, right?
And here are some ornaments I whipped up. I was going to make six, but I got bored and am happy with three.

6 comments:

Super B said...

I have said it before and I will say it again. I wish I lived close to you and we could be crafting buddies all the time. I love your stuff. I also love that you see something and make it yourself. It reminds me of the first quilt I made...it's a crazy star patchwork kinda thing that I saw in a gooseberry patch catalog and it was expensive, so I made my own. I love making things and I love the things you make!! you are fabulous!

LeAnne said...

You are so talented! It looks exactly like the original. I know what you mean about crafting on a budget. Oh by the way, the craft links are back. I was working on a new list and some additions. I too wish I lived close, we all could be crafting buddies.

M-Ware said...

wow, wow. and wow. always amazed at what you can work up with those magic hands. that's an awesome stocking. and you made PIE from SCRATCH? where did you come from? i like how you called allan thorough. AND i meant to comment a long time ago about how i am so VERY relieved that you got your pictures back. nothing scarier. seriously.
what are you guys doing for xmas? AND ps - put this date aside: feb 9, 2008. i'm throwing carrie a baby shower in provo (cuz owen's farewell is that weekend) so BE THERE! i'll let you know details and i'll likely enlist your help.

OH YEAH! and D H MOSS engaged! throw another wow on the pile. that is friggin awesome.

Ben and Eirene said...

Okay, it's fantastic. It's phenomenal. So sensational that I am doing what has never before been done. Leaving a comment. Hats off to you. Love and guts, etc. etc.

Lacey said...

For Christmas, I would like you to give me a teensy tiny bit of your craft-i-ness. Please?

Heather E. said...

They're beautiful. I am in awe. And I want to know where you got the pattern (or didn't) for the baby booties you made Josie. I have been pining for that pattern for a while. Have you looked at Heather Bailey's pattern for baby booties. It's another good one. I think the site is hellomynameisheather.com or something like that.