Monday, November 26, 2007

What's cooler than the A-10 jet? Oh yeah, a picture of your head IN an A-10 jet...





Along with eating a lot of really good food, hanging out with Allan's fam, playing a kazillion games of Shanghai, watching some movies, also watching the Cougars kick some serious Ute booty, going to a Christmas Tree Jubilee, and totally embarrassing myself playing "Guitar Hero," Allan and I went to the Hill Airforce Base Aerospace Museum. It was pretty cool--I mean, I didn't want to spend the rest of eternity there, like Allan, but I thought it was cool...you know, for the first hour. Allan is what I like to call...thorough. If he likes a song, he has no qualms playing two hundred seventy-four MILLION times. In a row. When we went on our honey moon to San Fran, I thought it would be cool to visit my favorite-childhood-museum called the Exploritorium (it's a science hands-on museum). After the third HOUR there, I was beginning to understand who I had married. SO, it really was no surprise that Allan wanted to read every plaque, watch every video, and explain every impossibly difficult concept of aviation that he has become familiar with in his twenty-four years of life. Don't get me wrong, I love this about Allan. I do kinda like trying to understand impossibly difficult concepts, but mostly I love the fact that he thinks that I'm smart enough to semi-get it, and that he is so passionate about such nerdy things. It's very cute.
We definitely spent the most time hovering around the A-10, because Allan has spent the last year designing 3-D models for the A-10, (the government is remanufacturing them) and consequently knows more than your average bear. He had a lot of fun spouting off all his insider-information to me, and anyone else within earshot.

Girls who marry nerds have all the fun.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

You should memorialize your saying, "Girls who marry nerds have all the fun" by putting it on a board, plaque, etc using your amazing creative genius. Then you could sell them and I would buy one from you. I too married a nerd and never have to look far for fun.

Looks like you guys had a great turkey day/weekend. Glad you did!!! Bring on Christmas!

The Piersons said...

Reading this made us miss you guys. Oh how I love Allan and how I love you telling stories about him.