Friday, May 8, 2009

Meet Merritt

So I just realized that we don't have any whole body shots, which is a shame, cause he's got a pretty one. So solid and cute. I do have amazing news, though. He successfully peed in his mouth this morning while I was changing him. He started to pee while I was between diapers, and so I tried to block the pee with my hand, but not before a very accurate stream had gone directly into his open mouth. Gross and kinda cool.

Here he is. You gotta love those CHEECKS! And the hair! Oh, isn't he just amazing??

He reminds me of Josie in this one. The eyes are really similar to her's at that age.
And this one is classic. This was literally moments after I pushed him out, and I definitely look the part. When I looked in the mirror a little while later and said "Yikes" the nurse said, "just think of it as war-paint." I just love the picture cause it brings me back to that on-top-of-the-world moment that it was. So great.

15 comments:

Maren said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations. I love that sweet moment right after birth. It is the best.

Brooke said...

Congratulations Mim. He is gorgeous, just like his mom.

The Piersons said...

I just love every, single thing about him. He is perfect Mim, congratulations again!!

Quinn said...

He is perfect! Congratulations mom, you did great! And I still think little boys are the best, but soon I'll experience little girls. How is it now that he's home? How's Josie with her new little brother?

Rach said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe he looks like you already!! What a cutie. I am so proud that you pushed all of that out, naturally. What a chunk!! I love it! Hope you're doing well!

Carrie said...

Mimsy. What a guy. So cute! He's not a baby. He's a man. He's huge! Those cheeks are the cheeks of a 6 month old. What a healthy strapping boy. What size of clothes fit him? 3-6 month right off the bat? Congrats. Darling as expected.

Aves said...

Such a cutie, and he does look like his big sister! Great job Mim. Glad to hear you both are doing so well! Cute pics :)

whitney allison said...

What a talented son you have! And cute. I want to meet him.

trine k said...

in his mouth?? really? ewww, but what a great feat. did he react all grossed out?
You look amazing and so does he, but I wouldn't really expect any less! Congrats again, I'm so so happy for you. Enjoy being in a love with your own baby all over again, it only gets better!

Super B said...

Oh my sweetness!! He is perfect! I cannot wait to meet him. And frankly, you look amazing! Nothing more beautiful than a mother and her baby.

Unknown said...

He's so cute!!! I still miss you!
-love, olivia

M-Ware said...

I started commenting the other day and was beckoned for a nursing session. Anyway, hooray for war paint pictures. I think I'll post one of my own on my blog soon. I'm so happy all of that is done for us and we just get to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Haha. Way to go. You're my inspiration.

Brianne said...

He really does look like Josie. I love that shot of you, you are so beautiful!

Crystal Lynn said...

So super cute! COngratulations! Its been forever since we;ve talked, but I found your blog from Averi... Hope all is going well! You look great, I loved the belly pics. I had twins so I am all to aware of just how large a belly can become... You dont even want to see what I looked like.. Scary.
Glad to see you're doing well!
Crystal

JP said...

Way to go Mim!! He's adorable. Glad to hear you're doing well! Congrats! Nothing better in the world, right.