Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The grande debut

Hey ya'll. So it finally happened! I'll put pictures up later, but for now, here's the quick version: I went into labor 1:00 pm on Monday May 4, we got the hospital at 3:20, and BAM. By 3:54 he was here. SO QUICK. It went absolutely perfectly, and I'm still just floating around here on cloud nine. He's BEAUTIFUL and perfect, and HUGE. He was 9 FAT pounds 1 ounce, and------you ready for this??? He's got RED hair! (Thanks to Allan's beard). So that's it! I'm doing great, (I can't believe how good, actually) and we're just getting ready to head back home. Hooray! Oh, yeah--his name. He sort of just named himself, really. We were COMPLETELY undecided, and then when we finally met him, his name just sort of popped out.
Merritt Allan Tribe
(A big loving shout-out to my bro Merritt:))
Love ya'll! Stay tuned for pictures!

13 comments:

The Piersons said...

Can't wait to see pictures!! Congratulations again!!

Maren said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see pics of the little guy. I mean big guy!

whitney allison said...

Yea! Congrats!!!

Sterling said...

Way to go Mim! You are the coolest and good choice of name Merritt is a good name. I am sure your borther is pretty excited about it. Congrats again!

Super B said...

I CANNOT wait to see him!! CAN NOT WAIT. So, please hurry and post pictures. Love you Mim!

Aves said...

Congrats!! Glad you both are doing well! looking forward to pictures :)

LeAnne Ballard said...

Yay! I am glad he is here and you all are doing well. Take it easy and hope to see pictures soon. :)

Quinn said...

Hooray!! And I'm a little jealous of the red hair, I hope one of mine get red hair. And little Merritt shares Stephen's b-day, so it must be a good day, especially since it sounds like everything went perfectly.

The Brandleys said...

Wow if I were in high school I would swear you just had my dream baby. (I really wanted red headed kids in high school...) Can't wait to see pictures. Oh and way to pop out a 9 pounder, I know how that goes! BTW I wont tell you how many times I tried to convince Matt that Merritt was a cool name. He was never a fan but I've always liked it!

Catherine Marie said...

Congrats! I bet he is just ADORABLE!!! You make'em cute! Good to hear all went well!

cat :)

Ann said...

Congratulations, Mim! And it just so happens that your brother Merritt is one of my favorite people, so I think it is fabulous that you named the little guy after him. What an amazing legacy...

Unknown said...

Hey! It's Olivia! Congrats and I'm glad your doing well!! Miss you!

Brianne said...

Oh Miriam, I am so happy it went so fast and well and I can't wait to meet red haired Merritt. How cute!?! I miss you.