Sunday, August 3, 2008

Catch up

Man, it's been a while. There's a ton I could talk about, and about a kazillion photos I want to show, but it's all been piling up worse than my dishes. Well actually, I've been really busy. Seriously. So let me just sum up.
We went to Aberdeen Idaho with Allan's family for a family reunion. It really was a lot of fun. I mean, that family knows how to have a reunion. You name it, we did it. BESIDES the tiny little two hour episodes BOTH nights that woke everyone and their dogs and their neighbor's dogs AND their relatives' neigbor's dogs up, it was a rockin' good time.

Allan's bro David
Melissa
the beach really does take it out of you


And also you should know that I just finished sewing my cousin Laura's wedding dress. Yep, that's right--her wedding dress. Didn't know I had it in me? Me neither. Of course I can't show you pictures of it just yet just in case that sneaky fiance of hers might take a peeky. And also it would ruin the general razzle dazzle of the day if everyone (or everyone who reads my blog) has already seen the beautiful bride in her beautiful dress. I will say this: it is gggggorgeous, and Laura looks ssssssssssmokin' in it. (Stuttering for emphasis). So look forward to those photos. For now you'll have to be satisfied with our (prize winning) paper dress that we (Eirene, Shauna, Marseille and I) created at her bridal shower. Marseille was our beautiful model--note her lovely girlish figure! I would show you the lingerie I made Laura too, but unfortunately, I couldn't get her to model it;)
This summer Eirene and I have both been in charge of several reading programs at the library, and I finished my last one this past week. It really was so much fun, but I'm SOOOO glad it's over. I spent WAY too much time making this puppet for a puppet-show we did.


We also had a little baby shower for Eirene on Saturday. Instead of playing games, we had a bit of a crafternoon. We had all the supplies and pre-made templates to make some pretty amazing aplique clothing. Check out these handsome little numbers:



As far as our little family goes, Jos and I have been having a super time. When I say super, I mean, super-fun-and-frustrating. I had that first "I must be doing something really wrong" moment today in Sacrament meeting when she threw a huge, FAT tantrum in the foyer. In my same line-of-view was another baby that was born within a month or so of Josie, and as my child screamed and kicked and writhed about, this little girl just sat there playing with her little cheerios like a perfect angel. I wanted to punch her. Who? The perfect angel, or Josie? Everyone. Ok, ok, not really. But the more personality she gets, and the more capable she gets, the funner it is, but also the more difficult it is to deal with the FLIP side of personality and capability if you know what I mean.

We went to the park last night, and it was a dream. She LOVED it. She's a really into the park scene lately, my Joe. She really digs all those slidy, swingy, tunnely sort of things. And I think having her Poppy there just made it ten times funner. Anyway, as I carried her back to the car, she slowly went in for a long and juicy kiss. And then she leaned over to give Allan one too. And then, she sweetly nuzzled her little head into my shoulder. It was like she was saying thank you in so many words. Touch my heart why don't you. I LIVE for little moments like that.



Can you tell I hi-lighted my hair? Nope, not really in this photo...
Ok, so I had to put in these fellows. They provided a LOT of quality entertainment for us. What a treasure, right?
Well, on that note, see you soon:)

8 comments:

Heather E. said...

Bah! You knew I was eagerly waiting to see the finished product of Laura's dress. I can't wait. Also, thanks for hosting us that day and I'm really sad that I couldn't make Eirene's baby shower. Boob. That's all.

Shanna said...

Hi mim! It's shanna. I found your blog through Martha's. Your little girl is so cute. You have such a cute family. :)

LeAnne said...

You are a busy girl. Good for you! Lots of fun memories you have been making. Making a wedding dress? You never fail to impress deary. Can't wait to see the pictures!

velinda said...

You are amazing, babe! Can't wait to see Laura's dress. And I think I need to borrow your puppet (who sounds suspiciously like Grover, at the back of this book,you know?)

I like it, like Mother, like daughter. More like Mother in her dreams!

Aves said...

Ok you look so great Mim! Serious. And could your little Jos be any cuter? She has the most infectious smile :)

Lacey said...

Mim,
A couple of things.
1- You made a wedding dress??!!!! #(*(%*(*#. Excuse my little outburst. That is just too awesome for me to handle. And, if the toilet paper dress is any indication, I'm sure it will be beautiful.
2-Totally know how you feel about the flip side of the personality thing and wanting to punch children who act like perfect angels all the time. I guess that's the price we pay for having kids who always wear their emotions on their sleeve. When they're happy they are a delight and SOOO much fun (more so than the beautifully behaved all the time type I must say). But they are also very prone to show their emotions when they're frustrated. Hang in there. It'll get better ( i think).

whitney allison said...

So basically I'm the worst person ever. We do want to play it's just that I had a sister come to town and then we went out of town and I promise I'm not avoiding you. That last picture is seriously funny.

Natabug and Thayners said...

Hey! How are you? This is Natalie Van Tassell Gardner. You're family is darling. It's been so long. We're living in Buffalo, NY and we have a little boy. It's fun to catch up on your blog.