Thursday, January 17, 2008

A chuckle and a smile

What makes me laugh even more than the fact that Josie was no obstacle in Mae's straight-shot towards the forbidden plastic bag, is the fact that Josie seemed to enjoy being the speedbump. What a laugh.
This is pretty. I've never shown you all, I don't think. I picked these flowers from each of my five areas on the mission. Each frame is a different area. Truth is folks, I thought up this idea in my first area because I was distracted and thinking about decorating my future home, rather than teaching a future investigator. My hope is that some gal mulling over the idea of serving a mission, will serve, and will take advantage of the idea without the distraction. It's a pretty reminder to me of my lovely Argentina, and my dear friends I made there, and the whole life-changing experience. I really do remember those things when I look at it. I just re-arranged it on a different wall in my living room, so as to remove it from sunlight. It means a good deal to me.

I feel this shot deserves a spot of praise: this picture of Milly was taken by Elena Jayne (my little sister) over Christmas break. She got a little digital camera, and took this unbelievable shot of Emily's little gal. I just love it! The rosy cheeks, the red lips and blue eyes--what a doll. I just wish it was better resolution.

I have never had such a riot making something as I did making this "Nacho Libre" costume with my kindred spirited friend Trine. She threw a Nacho Libre birthday bash for her husband Larry, and hence needed a good Nacho costume. As the mask took shape, we progressively laughed with more force and less bladder control. Please note how the very "snug" mask stretches out Larry's eyes and mouth into distortion. Please also note that this was after I added a two inch piece in the back.




7 comments:

Ben and Eirene said...

That mask is the prettiest mask of all the masks. I stand all amazed. And thanks for putting my child on you blog. She looks great. Aggressive, bull-dozing, squashing your innocent child flat without a second thought. That's my girl.

Heather E. said...

Yay. I'm coming to carrie's shower. AND I plan on making smocks. Thanks, mim! I really can't wait to see your child. Sounds like you borned a good child.

The Piersons said...

I miss Argentina, lets go back. I love your flower wall.

Super B said...

what cute little girls. And I remember loving your flowers when I was there a while back. I have some pressed flowers that I have framed...maybe I should post a picture of them. I also love Nacho Libre. And your creative abilities!!

LeAnne said...

That mask is classic.

The Brandleys said...

We are back in the good ol' 'burg, wow is it ever cold too! Matt has decided to finally finish school, now he just needs to decide what his major is!! anyway it's fun to be back, did you know theres a new Fongs, the old one is on main street still but apparently the brothers got in a fight so one of them built "New Fongs" over by Colonial House! Hilarious.

Lindsey Whiting said...

Hola Nacho Libre!! Miriam our blog is now private and I don't have your e-mail address to invite you so e-mail me at
supergirl2rescue@hotmail.com