Monday, October 22, 2007

Fat party, and other notables

FAT PARTY, WOO WOO.





Dance parties have never been so hoppin'. The day before my birthday I received (in the mail) a super cool invite to a "Birthday Dance Jam" set for my big day. All the guests (me, Em, Eirene, Babies, and of course Milly and Rawl) jammed to some bumpin' tunes, snacked on some happenin' california roles, and then enjoyed a nice, cool, smooth, homemade Jamba Juice. If you think it could have been any more cool, you're wrong. I learned new moves from Milly and Rawl, introduced Josie to the "shimmy", and got to see my two very hot sisters work-it. Bet you wish YOU got an invite too...sorry, it was for exclusive members only.

I had a great Birth Day. It made me glad I've been around the past 25 years, and excited to be around for the next 25. P.S. I ended the day laughing with my siblings (Em & Family, Cory & Family, Rene & Family) about bathroom humor, and enjoying a chocolate mousse pie from Emily. What's not fabulous about that?

On to the other Notables.

Josie is getting prettier and prettier. Don't you think?

What is not to love about this dazzling smile?!
She has about 4 hairs that are 2.5 inches longer than all the rest.
She's also become a Strongbad fan. I can't say I'm surprised.
And she's found her toes. She sucks on them occasionally, which is SO cute, but we haven't been fortunate enough to capture it on camera.


She also can roll over, make a motor-boat noise, giggle, and stand on her own. I'm not kidding...
Proof!

Other things you should probably know are:

I made pizza on Saturday night, with this recipe, and it was AMAZING. Give it a go.

I copied Martha, and made this apron holder. Now I've just got to make another apron.

Eirene made me these: (Thanks, LeAnne)
I also made this...(It's a wedding gift for a friend)

I am working on this...

I just finished helping plan and pull-off the primary portion of this year's annual Stake Emergency Preparedness Fair.

I've been baking bread lately. I've also been eating a lot of bread lately.

I've been watching, and thoroughly enjoying Pam and Jim's togetherness on The Office.

Ok, I think I'd better stop there.





8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Again, you rock. I love all your projects! I love the workings of the Halloween costume, a pod of peas right? ADORABLE! I am glad you guys made the barrettes, I haven't gotten to mine yet...the stockings are on the front burner.

Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so amazed at how crafty you are! And crafty in a totally cool way:) Where do you get all of your wonderful ideas from?

P.S. you look amazing! And Josie is an absolute doll!

M-Ware said...

mim i love all the homemade goods (ESPEC. the apron hanger!! good WORK!) and i'm so glad you had such a fun birthday. mazeltoff! josie is a total darling. she has all the faces in the world.

and the comment from allan's boss dude? W-O-W. that's all i can say. wow.

Rob and Marseille said...

Looks like you've been having fun! I'm excited to see you guys dressed up on Tuesday!

The Brandleys said...

I can't believe she's standing already!! Jonas was a lazy little guy and didn't start any of that till after he crawled, which was only 2 1/2 weeks ago. but you're right she is getting so pretty... Just like her mommy!!

Super B said...

ok, so I missed your birthday, but does it count that I think of you often and send good thoughts your way? I hope you had a great bday, as it looks like you did! Josie is adorable and you are adorable and your sisters are adorable and so is your apron-hang and wedding gift and costume! Oh, I just love it all!! and i love you and miss you too!

DIYdoctor said...

Josie Pie's my Cutie Pie!!!!
She is a-d-d-d-d-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!!!!! No brag, just FACT.

And who can say it better than the proud (in a GOOD way) Grandmother.

Did you know they added a new verse to a certain Primary Song after this Blog was discovered in the Church Headquarters? It goes like this:

If you chance to meet a frown,
Do not let it stay,
Quickly look at Josie Scout
and Smile that Frown away!

Seriously, you can NOT help but smiling when you look at these pictures, Josie and ALL.

love,

the mither

Lacey said...

You Mitchell's are too cool for your own good. Seriously. Case in point--you celebrated your birthday with a dance party. I love it.
I can't believe how big Josie is getting.