Saturday, January 24, 2009

Projects and Patience

So it's been awhile. Christmas was great. But I forgot to document how great it was. January has been pretty good too. I usually give January a big thumbs down, but this year I've been keeping busy with different projects and major nesting (I've been organizing my life away), and the month has flown by. Some highlights:

Josie went through a the two-naked-Ken-doll phase. All day long she made a big bed with every blanket she could find and put the two dolls to bed together. Cute and creepy.


And then she got into the Vaseline. That's how she achieved that dewy glow.


And she had her first Christmas that she remotely knew what was going on...
She played in the snow. A Christmas Story anyone? Anyone?
I made this quilt for Josie, as she is getting the boot from the crib when baby brother makes his big debut.

I bought this desk off KSL and then painted it.
Josie helped.

Allan and I have been watching Gilmore Girls, and Josie is really into interpreting the theme song.



And then tonight, Josie decided that she loves squash. But not to eat. Mostly to smash all over her face. And her hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lG4mN-XKhc

And I made these booties for a shower last night.
Well, that's it. Oh, and I'm PREGNANT. I'm not kidding, folks. I feel like I'm huge, and I AM huge. Three months seems like an E TER NI TY. I'm REALLY trying to psych myself out for the long stretch, but some days I'm feeling like I'm way more huge and uncomfortable than my six months should merit. Does anyone else feel like this? Have felt like this? I am probably alone in my principles.

Well, here I go off to my room to write that hit-song "Along in my Principles".

10 Awesome points to anyone who knows where that's from.
1.........
2............
3...........
*buzzer*

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Thing You Do! Love that movie!!

Anonymous said...

Mim! That quilt is AMAZING! I love the colors! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. That squash video of Josie is so hilarious! You know, she might be onto something here. Maybe we should try squash as a facial and if it works you'll have to patent it. LOL!

Katie

Maren said...

That thing you do?

Love the quilt and the booties! And the snowsuit..."I can't put my arms down!", "I've fallen and I can't get up" Ha ha! Love that movie.

Super B said...

Ok, just because you haven't posted for a very long time doesn't mean you can totally redeem yourself by showing the amazing things you have made and the awesome videos of your insanely adorable daughter, okay!??

Maren said...

Oh, and NO you are not alone in your principles :) I cannot even begin to tell you how huge I got in my pregnancies. Not kidding. When I was 7 months pregnant people on the street would stop me and say "You look like you are going to pop -when are you due?" You should have seen all the shocked looks on their faces when I told them I still had two months left!

Rach said...

Okay, MAJOR PROPS to the following: The cutest quilt I have ever seen, Not taking away the naked Kens, The desk that doesn't look like board shorts, NOT looking fat while pregnant, and That Thing you Do. You are way cooler than I ever thought.

LeAnne said...

You've been a busy girl. I know what you mean, January is usually a boring month compared to the festivities of Nov/Dec.

Oh. And I totally didn't look at the comments before me...but I totally want to watch 'That Thing You Do'. But alas I am at work.
Opps. Yes my name is LeAnne and I check people's blogs while at work.

whitney allison said...

Um, that top picture of Josie in the snow gear is probably the funniest picture I've ever seen. Hilarious! I can't tell you that you're not big because I haven't seen you in 10 years. Are you and me and Paige ever going to play?

The Piersons said...

I just wanted to reach in those photos and take Josie out. We miss that little girl more than you know! I love seeing pictures of your projects, I LOVE the quilt. Josie will love having her own bed.

M-Ware said...

i love your monthly visit back into the blogosphere. josie just keeps getting cuter.

when you get a minute, i want to talk to you (and eirene) about natural birth. i think i'm going that route.

Topsy and Havoc said...

mim, an a line bob sounds great to me. nothing says hipper than a little posh spice

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Mim Sa-hib, between laughing so hard and my skin crawling that video of Josie was way too funny! Cute-cute-cute!

Carrie said...

Mimface. That pic of Josie with the Vaseline--she looks JUST like you. The lips. The awesome pouty lips. And your craftiness. You inspire me! That quilt is beautiful and I love the desk. Did you stencil those designs? Way to go. You are awesome. Good luck with the last few months of pregnancy. You'll do great. Miss you!!

Cher said...

Hey cute little girl and another on the way. I don't know if you remember me but this is Jared Wright. I think I say you at San Pan a couple of weeks ago but wasn't sure if it was you so I didn't want to say anything if it wasn't you. Anyway our blog is jaredandcheryl.blogspt.com