Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I claim pregnancy


To all the women in grocery stores who comment how I look like "I'm ready to pop:"
I'm not. That is, not quite ready. This is a SEVENTH month belly. Not a nine-month belly, contrary to popular opinion. Ok, go ahead, say it--I've got an impressive belly, right? Right?! Yeah, I know. Most of the time I don't mind. I mean, I'm the first one to taut my belly pride. I don't mind when a little boy in primary says to me (out of the blue) "you can't run. You're too fat." Or when people say "I just can't believe how huge you are." Or when a person who shall nameless says "Wow, you sure have gained some weight!" after not having seen me for a while. Yep, it's true. I have.. but sometimes I get a teensy bit worried that people aren't referring to just my belly, but me in general. All of me. You guys are all talking about my belly, right? Right?! That's what I thought.

And let's talk about pregnancy brain. Can I say a few words about pregnancy brain? Boy, I tell ya. Sometimes I'm frightened for my life when I drive, because I'm worried I'll do something absolutely stupid and get us killed. I wouldn't put it past me. Just filling up my car with gas can be intellectually strenuous. "Umm, what side is my tank? Let's see....where's that little lever? Oh yeah, I need my wallet. Oops, I forgot my wallet! Shoot. I forgot to shut that little door again." It takes me twice the time it would normally, and I'm pretty sure the guy behind me is getting a good laugh. Laugh it up, punk.

And the other day when I made pizza, I forgot that I had left some potatoes in the oven, and they consequently got RE-cooked for three hours. I even put the pizza in without noticing them. And you know what's even funnier? I ate one.
And for your general amusement, here's another video of Josie in the highchair. This time she was deliriously tired (right after church which STARTS at one), and was pretty much like a little drunk girl. Not that I've ever seen a little drunk girl before, but it's what I imagine it would be like. I love how she's cleaning her teeth in it--she just ate PB&J. Sorry for the jiggly camera, that was my bad. Well, I blame the belly.




P.S. Do you like the sun-dress I made? The fabric was $3 at Wal-mart, baby.

19 comments:

Aves said...

You've got to be kidding me, people think you've gained weight? You freaking look amazing! Aside from the obvious healthy baby belly, you haven't gained a pound from what I see. They get all stuff it. Your hair is glowing and you look FABULOUS. And I wouldn't just say that. Pregnancy agrees with you. Good job!

Heather E. said...

Yeah, you're looking hot tamale. I laughed so stinking hard at that Josie video. The "heh" was killing me! And you ate an overcooked potato. Of course you did. It was a potato! I seriously am laughing so hard at the potato stuck in the pizza thing. So funny.

Beth Benson said...

i'm pretty sure there is a tear about to roll down my cheek. that video was HILARIOUS! and you do look pretty fabulous!

The Brandleys said...

Seriously I'm getting the same thing, I hope it's just the belly and not me. Also I want you to know that whenever I post a funny video of Jonas I wonder if i think it's funny because he's mine and maybe no one else will think it is, but seriously that video of Josie is Hilarious! I don't think I've ever seen Jonas that tired. It was great!

Maren said...

I think you look gorgeous! That video of Josie is such a crack up. she is a little cutie. Also LOVED the dress. so impressed you made it. Not that it is any surprise. You are one talented (and beautiful) momma.

Ann said...

Your belly might be hanging in there with the best of them, (but that is something to be proud of), and you look hot! I'm serious, Mim. You look gorgeous! And I absolutely LOVE how your hair is in that pic! It makes me wish I still had long hair so that I could go visit you just so that you could do MY hair like that!

Shanna said...

You look fabulous!!! Seriously you look so cute! And josie is a crack up! I can't believe she just sat there and did that. She is so cute. Zayne would just be either asleep or yelling or go get in his bed. She cracks me up! :)

The Piersons said...

I agree with everyone, you look so beautiful!!

And I feel you on the pizza incident. I would definitely do something like that, luckily a baked potato is good no matter how long you cook it.

Lacey said...

You are definitely one hot pregnant mama! And your hair has me coveting with a capital C.

Pregnancy brain is no fun. Neither is new mom brain. In fact, sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get my old brain back.

Ben and Eirene said...

Alright Mimmy, I believe that you didn't post this particular picture on your blog knowing full well that you look hot simply to collect people's comments about how hot you are... I believe that. Serious. I know you're thinking: Alright guys! Stop saying I'm hot!

Well you are. I shan't stop.

M-Ware said...

BEAUTIFUL BUMP ALERT! You are stunning in that long brown jumper!! I fart in the face of all people who make any comments regarding the size of pregnant bellies. Big or small they are all unique and I HATE how people seem to KNOW what you SHOULD be looking like at the stage of pregnancy you're at. Even my doctor was like, I'm worried your baby is too small. Guess what the ultrasound showed? Baby is 3 days bigger than normal. Newsflash world: there is no normal! Oh, I get really chaffed about all of this.

That pizza/potato thing reminds me of another time you forgot to take something out of something... Remember?

Can't wait to watch the video of drunk Josie. BTW remember my old flame Clint? He just had a kid and named her Josie. Actually Josephine, and Josie for short. (Your Josie is cuter - ha!)

Carrie said...

Mim. You look hot. And the darling dress you're wearing-- you MADE that? How? It is awesome! And I love that you've gone blonde again. I always loved the blonde version of Mim. How do you get your hair so sexy like that? Do tell. I've tried and tried and I haven't had success. Please tell. Your belly is huge and fabulous and it is ALLLLL baby. It's not some baby, some cheeks, some anything else. Just baby. You look awesome. It will all be gone before you know it.

M-Ware said...

i just watched that vid of josie. hysterical. it reminded me of an old man type of drunk, just grinning and oblivious and drowsy. that was so freaking funny.

Super B said...

I LOVE everything in that video. I want to eat her up. She is so awesome!! It could be that she gets that from you though! You are amazing. I agree with what everyone said. Your hair, your face, your dress, your belly...ALL PERFECT!! PERFECT I tell you.

amyrebeccas said...

Miriam!! You are such an incredible sewer, and I just covet your mad skillz. Ps, this is April's sister Amy. I just got a sewing machine for my bday, and I was wondering if you teach sewing lessons. I thought I heard you did at one point, but I don't remember. I would love to pay you to teach me how to use this thing since I don't know how. Do you do it? Or do you know of a good teacher?

whitney allison said...

Um, you do seriously look great.

More importanty that video is going to win you guys some money...or at least some you-tube fame. Hilarious.

Emily said...

Mim you look beautiful in that picture. I have that brain now, all the time. The Lord has helped in his grace for some seriously harmful things not to happen and I won't even mention them thats how bad it was. Thank you again for your lovely, insightful and just plain supportive comments on mmm, I can't tell you how they made my day, and I felt the love.
Love you mommy Mim,
Em

Emily said...

P.S. Josie is a riot. It is so funny how she wakes up just a teeny to appreciate your laughing at her. I love that huge smile at the beginning there.

*aNdY* said...

HI, I am a blog stalker :) its me Andy.. Might I say that I think your look BEAUTIFUL!