Sunday, June 15, 2008

Taking care of our needs, one graham cracker at a time.


She is screaming. It's early...maybe 7:00 am? She usually doesn't stir before 8:00. Dad-nabbit, I think. What's the deal? I groggily stumble out of bed to grab her, and find her standing in the corner of the crib in frustration. I notice that she's got a real dirty face. Huh. You need a bath, baby. When I pick her up, I realize that dirty isn't the best way to describe her. It's more...crumby. I rub my eyes. What I then discover is she is standing in a small mountain of graham cracker crumbs. Huh?! Why the crap is there a huge pile of graham cracker crumbs in her crib?!
Fast forward a couple of hours.
Allan strolls through the door an hour before church. "Hey Babe?" I inquire, "Why was Joe wallowing in graham cracker crumbs this morning?" "She was hungry. I just tossed some in before I left for my meetings." Oh. Of course.
She was hungry.

Happy Father's Day.

And ps. If you're wondering if she went to church with that 'do, the answer is no.
It was a whole lot worse.

3 comments:

The Brandleys said...

Oh my gosh that is the funniest story ever!! Your guy cracks me up! And Josie is getting so big! Can you believe she's 1!

Jenny Hansen Lane said...

Her hair looks so blonde and cute..graham crackers.. at least he didnt give her peanut butter or something.

Marilee Leishman said...

SO CUTE! love it!